Assisted Reproductive Technology Contract Lawyers in Chicago
Illinois Reproductive Technology Agreement Attorneys
At Jill M. Metz & Associates, we are committed to serving the legal needs of the LGBTQ community. To best serve our clients, we keep abreast of the challenging and ever-changing legal field that includes gay and lesbian family law, adoption law, and laws affecting assisted reproductive technology. Contact us today if you need a surrogacy lawyer in Chicago.
One of the ways that we help lesbian and gay clients is through the careful drafting of assisted reproductive technology contracts. Careful consideration must be given to the rights and responsibilities of all parties who are involved in assisted reproductive agreements. Contact our Chicago law office today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced family law attorneys.
Contracts: Sperm Donor, Egg Donor and Surrogacy
To protect your rights, your assisted reproductive technology contract must properly anticipate and address key factors:
- Couples seeking to expand their family through artificial insemination with a known donor should have a written contract that clarifies that the sperm donor is a known donor who intends to give up his custody and visitation rights to the intended parents and to consent to the adoption of the child by the intended parents.
- Couples who are seeking to add a child to their family with the assistance of a surrogate need to carefully follow the requirements in the Gestational Surrogacy Act and should have a written agreement in place that clarifies the rights and responsibilities of the respective parties. The proper forms need to be signed prior to the birth by the surrogate mother and the intended parents to secure the proper names on the child’s birth certificate.
- Other key factors must be properly addressed in the agreement between the sperm, egg or uterine donor and the intended parents to ensure that no unintended consequences occur that could adversely impact the rights and interests of all involved parties.
To start the process, some institutions require that you meet with an attorney and provide the following documentation to the institution before they will provide assisted reproductive technology services:
- We can provide a parenting agreement for you and your partner for medical institutions that require them prior to the use of assisted reproductive technology.
- Some medical providers and donor agencies assisting with artificial insemination and other assisted reproductive processes insist on a signed letter indicating that the intended parents have already received legal counsel with regard to their rights and responsibilities prior to commencing the reproductive process. After meeting with you, our firm can draft and send this letter to your medical provider or donor agency.
Some providers and agencies require a letter indicating that you have consulted about an adoption and your rights and obligations associated with the adoption before they will proceed with assisted reproductive technology process. Since our firm also provides legal representation for adoption, after meeting with you, we are able to draft and send this letter to your medical provider or donor agency.
Put Our Experience to Work for You
At Jill M. Metz & Associates, you can be confident that you will receive the experienced, dedicated and highly personalized legal representation you require. For more than 35 years, our lawyers have been providing professional legal services in a warm and friendly environment.
Since most of our clients are individuals and couples in the LGBTQ community, we are highly sensitive to our clients’ needs and concerns. We are also very aware of potential risks and legal pitfalls that may not be contemplated by firms with lesser experience serving the LGBTQ community.
Contact Jill M. Metz & Associates
To schedule a consultation with one of our Chicago LGBTQ adoption and family law attorneys, call 773-878-4480 or contact us by e-mail. We look forward to hearing from you. Find the surrogacy lawyer in Chicago right for you at Jill M. Metz & Associates.
Serving the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Community and Friends in Chicago, Cook County and Illinois.