Carol L. Jones Esq.
Carol L. Jones joined Jill M. Metz & Associates in 2009 and focuses her practice primarily in litigation and family law. Carol has been appointed to the Illinois State Bar Association’s Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Committee and is an invited member of the Family Law Institute, a select group of 125 attorneys from across the country working and advocating for LGBT clients in family law matters as a joint venture of the National LGBT Bar Association and the National Center for Lesbian Rights. Carol is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, National LGBT Bar Association, and Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago.
Carol L. Jones is a 2003 Loyola University Chicago School of Law graduate, where she served as the news editor for the Loyola Consumer Law Review and staff editor for the Annals of Health Law. Carol published articles include Email Solicitation: Will Opening a “Spam-Free” Mailbox Ever Be a Reality? and The Unintended Consumer: Protecting Teen Drivers Through Graduating Licensing Laws. She secured a certificate in Tax Law from Loyola University and holds an M.A. in Bioethics from the Medical College of Wisconsin. Her skills in negotiation, fact analysis, and attention to detail equip her to provide the highest level of service to those clients needing litigation services or settlement negotiations. Jill M. Metz & Associates, a law firm that protects the rights of those often underserved, has proven the ideal culture for Ms. Jones. She advocates on behalf of families, children and individuals, serving as a trusted, able advisor.
Areas of Practice
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
- Real Estate
- Illinois, 2003
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: Certificate in Tax Law
- Law Review: Consumer Law Review, News Editor, 2002 - 2003
- Law Review: Consumer Law Review, Staff , 2001 - 2002
- Law Review: Annals of Health Law, Staff Editor, 2001 - 2002
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- M.A. - 2000
- Major: Bioethics
- Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, Indiana
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: Communications and Religious Studies
- Email Solicitation: Will Opening a ?Spam-Free? Mailbox Ever Be a Reality?, Loyola Consumer Law Review Journal
- The Unintended Consumer: Protecting Teen Drivers Through Graduating Licensing Laws, Loyola Consumer Law Review Journal